Wild flower ! The Arts and Music Festival auditions for the “Aspiring Young Talent Singing Competition” will be held April 24 at the Richardson Senior Center.
RICHARDSON, TEXAS, USA, March 7, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — The Wildflower! The Arts and Music Festival’s call for auditions of local contestants for the “Budding Young Talent Singing Competition” opens today. Live auditions will be held on Sunday, April 24 at the Richardson Senior Center and are open to area youth in pre-K through 12th grade. The finalists selected in each category will compete as part of the Festival at 1 p.m. on May 22 at the Eisemann Center.
• Sowing: from kindergarten to kindergarten
• Germs: 1st to 3rd year
• Buds: 4th to 6th year
• Jr. Wildflowers! : 7th to 9th grade
• Wild flowers ! : from 10th to 12th grade
How to register
Young singers interested in participating in the competition must complete the following steps no later than April 18 to receive an invitation to the live auditions:
• Complete the online application form.
• Include a video link to a song of their choice, no longer than one minute. Video links from social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube, Vimeo, etc. are acceptable, and video submissions are not a screening tool.
• Include a current photo. The photos will be used for the candidates selected to participate in the program of the final.
After the live auditions, the judges will announce the selected contestants who will become finalists.
• Must be at least 4 years old to apply.
• Musical accompaniment to an audio track on a mobile device, acoustic guitar, keyboard or accompanist is permitted during the audition.
• The song selection must be three minutes or less and performed from memory in front of the judges and peers of the same age group.
• No vulgar language or profanity is allowed.
• Small vocal ensembles of two to four singers are eligible, but groups may not apply.
• Parents are not permitted to enter the live audition room with contestants (unless they are the chaperone).
Finalists in each age category will perform on the Eisemann Center Songwriters Stage during Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival on Sunday May 22 at 1 p.m. Winners of each category will receive prize packs at the end of the final competition.
Festival times and venue information
The annual three-day event will be held at Galatyn City Park, located just north of Galatyn Parkway on the east side of US 75 (Central Expressway) in Richardson.
– The 2022 festival times are:
o Friday, 6 p.m. – midnight,
o Saturday, from 11 a.m. to midnight, and
o Sunday, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Additional details on the “Budding Talent Vocal Competition” can be found at https://wildflowerfestival.com/budding-talent-vocal-competition/. For more information about the festival and to purchase tickets, visit www.wildflowerfestival.com.
About Wildflower! Arts and music festival
Wild flower ! The arts and music festival began in 1993 and is produced by the City of Richardson Parks and Recreation Department. Follow Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival on social media with the official hashtag #WAMFEST22 or visit www.wildflowerfestival.com for more information.