Home Music festival Travis Scott out of Coachella after Astroworld tragedy

Travis Scott out of Coachella after Astroworld tragedy

0


  • Variety reports that Travis Scott was pulled from Coachella 2022 lineup following the Astroworld tragedy.
  • The report follows an online petition to remove Scott from the Coachella festival headliner.
  • The insider did not immediately receive a response from Scott’s representatives for comment.

Travis Scott has been removed from the 2022 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival lineup according to a Variety report.

The rapper was due to headline the famous music festival after his Coachella performance was postponed to 2020 due to the pandemic.

However, following a wave of crowds at Scott’s performance at the Astroworld festival in Houston, Texas last month that left 10 people dead and hundreds injured, a source told Variety that organizers of the festival intended to remove rapper “Sicko Mode” from the lineup and pay a killing fee for the cancellation.

An insider also told Variety that Scott’s agent, Cara Lewis from the band Cara Lewis, is trying to keep the rapper in the festival. Scott was supposed to make headlines alongside Rage Against the Machine.

Insider has reached out to Scott’s reps for comment, but did not immediately receive a response.

A Change.org petition has been created since the tragedy to remove Scott as a performer for Goldenvoice, the organizers of Coachella. At the time of writing, the petition has received over 60,000 signatures.

Scott was criticized for continuing his performance after several fans begged to stop the concert, according to eyewitnesses and videos taken at the event.

Travis Scott performs at his Astroworld Festival on Friday, November 5 in Houston, Texas

Travis Scott at the 2021 Astroworld Festival.

Erika Goldring / Getty Images


Scott’s girlfriend, Kylie Jenner, said in an Instagram post that she and Scott were “devastated” by the incident and were not aware of the deaths from the event until after.

Scott also tweeted that he was “absolutely devastated” by the incident and has since reimbursed everyone who bought tickets to the Astroworld concert on November 5 and offered to pay the funeral costs for the families of the deceased. during the event.

The family of one of the victims rejected Scott’s offer and filed a lawsuit against Scott and the organizers of Astroworld.

During an interview with Charlamagne Tha God on December 9 posted to YouTube, Scott said he couldn’t hear the crowd during his performance.

“I stopped him a few times to make sure everyone was okay,” Scott said. “And I’m really losing the energy of the fans as a collective – call and response. I just didn’t hear that. You can only help what you can see and whatever you are told. Every time. that someone tells you to stop, stop yourself. “

He added that his team had not told him to stop immediately after the festival was declared by police as a massively casualty event.

Scott said: “Yeah, they told me right after the guest left the stage, we’re going to end the show. That’s what we did. Other than that, there was no other communication. There was no communication as to why, that’s what went through my ears. “