Here’s a look at the 15 most-read articles published at New Jersey Stage from September 4-10, 2022. Each week, we publish about 70 articles, including several original columns and features, as well as press releases for events taking place in statewide and nearby. areas like Philadelphia and New York. This week’s top 15 includes articles from 6 counties in New Jersey (Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean and Passaic) and one from New York and Philadelphia.
1) Haunt O’Ween NJ will take place at Bell Works – (HOLMDEL, NJ) /PRNewswire/ — The Experiential Supply Co., an innovative experiential productions and attractions company that delivers premium viral destination experiences, and Fever, the global entertainment discovery platform, have today announced their one-of-a-kind innovation – Halloween in-kind experience: Haunt O’Ween NJ will land in New Jersey this Halloween. The fully immersive spooktacular event will take place September 30 through October 31, 2022 at Bell Works, 101 Crawfords Corner Rd. in Holmdel, New Jersey.
2) Jukebox Legends LIVE! on the Seaside Heights boardwalk – The rain stopped and a crowd of music lovers gathered on the boardwalk in Seaside Heights, NJ this Monday, August 22, 2022 evening for a concert of classic hits from The Jukebox Legends.
3) The Middlesex County Health Services Office has issued a rabies advisory – (MIDDLESEX COUNTY, NJ) – On Sept. 2, the Middlesex County Health Services office reported that a raccoon tested positive for rabies in the nearby Borough of Spotswood, Middlesex County. from Burlington Avenue and Kane Avenue. This is the third rabid animal reported in Middlesex County in 2022 and the first rabid animal in Spotswood.
4) Branch Brook Park Alliance will host the festival on Saturday – (NEWARK, NJ) — Branch Brook Park Alliance (BBPA) will host the fourth Branch Brook Park Fest on Saturday, September 10 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Prudential Concert Grove in Branch Brook Park (rain date: Sunday, September 11). Now in its second season, this series of programs brings together community members, local business owners, artists and visitors for an afternoon of family activities. The event features vendors, live music, interactive art and more.
Advertise with New Jersey Stage for $50-$100 per month, click here for more info
5) The world premiere of “Chilltown Boogie” will be held in Jersey City – (JERSEY CITY, NJ) — Con Vivo Music presents the world premiere of Chilltown Boogie by Alon Nechushtan on Sunday, October 2, 2022 at 12:30 p.m., from J Owen Grundy Pier, Exchange Place, Jersey City. Chilltown Boogie is a site-specific historical opera set in five vignettes, each performed in a different Jersey City location. This original new opera is inspired by the events surrounding the formation of Hudson County and Jersey City.
6) Parrotbeach LIVE! in Seaside Heights, New Jersey – Music lovers filled with comfy beach chairs, colorful blankets and icy coolers wait by the ocean in Seaside Heights, NJ this Thursday, August 18, 2022 for the start of a free concert by the Jimmy Buffett tribute band, Parrotbeach .
7) A Sussex County resident working to make his community and the planet a better place is featured in NJ PBS’ digital film series 21 – (NEWARK, NJ) – NJ PBS has announced that Sussex County native Jay Fischer is the new subject of the digital movie series, 21, streaming at MyNJPBS.org/21. Produced by the NJ Spotlight News team at NJ PBS, the 21-digital film series investigates life in New Jersey and whether where you live affects how you live through the stories of residents who are making a difference in every county in the Garden State. The short documentaries, six to 10 minutes in length, are accompanied by online snapshots that provide statistics, resources and other essential information for each county.
8) Weequahic Park House Music Festival – (NEWARK, NJ) — This year’s Weequahic Park House Music Festival takes place Saturday, September 10, 2022 from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. in beautiful Weequahic Park! The star-studded event is New Jersey’s largest house music festival and also features a splash of festive Caribbean soca music. Lineup includes DJ Punch, DJ T-Wise (Ubiquity Soul), Kevin Lyttle, Evelyn “Champagne” King, CeCe Rogers, DJ Hippie Torrales, DJ Dan Dan, The Basement Boys, Crystal Waters (from “Gypsy Woman (She’s Homeless) “Glory), DJ Martin Gee and Joe Claussell.
9) Harry Styles will play 15 shows at Madison Square Garden – (NEW YORK, NY) – On May 27, international superstar Harry Styles announced that he had sold out all 42 dates of his huge Love On Tour 2022 in support of his new album Harry’s house. This includes the 5 additional dates in New York and 5 in Los Angeles that have just been announced. Following two special One Night Only shows in New York and London, the 2022 tour will give fans access to multiple nights in each major city, transforming iconic locations into Harry’s House for the series of shows.
10) Twenty One Pilots Tour Ices Over Philly – Philly experienced a freezing end to summer on Friday, September 2 at the Wells Fargo Center for the Twenty One Pilots Frozen tourwith band members Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun in support of their home studio project, Scaled and Glazed (a pun on “reduced and isolated”, or what the music was like in its cocoon state). It was at a time when Tyler wasn’t sure the music was dead, he explained, as pandemic-related insecurities forced anthropological change and a kind of desolation. The intention here was to counter this point of isolation by instead emphasizing the escapist and separation aspects of this darkness. The album, released at the height of COVID-19, follows the previous release Level of concern (incepted during quarantine) who helped with relief efforts for the music and the crew. In that vein, though they’ve been doing it for a while now, the band’s unmasking on stage seems to take on a double meaning, mutually symbolic of the new normal.
11) PNC Bank Arts Center presents Shinedown – (HOLMDEL, NJ) – Multi-platinum rock band Shinedown – who were named No. 1 on Billboard’s Most Popular Rock Artists of All Time chart of 2021 – are on the road this year to support their all new album, Planet Zero, with their biggest show yet. The Planet Zero World Tour with special guests Jelly Roll and John Harvie, produced by Live Nation, stops in more than 20 cities across the United States in September and October, including Holmdel on Saturday, September 10 at PNC Bank Arts Center. The concert starts at 7:00 p.m.
12) The 5th Annual Paterson Poetry Festival is October 1-3 – (PATERSON, NJ) – Word Seed Inc. invites you to the fifth annual Paterson Poetry Festival. This three-day poetry extravaganza takes place in downtown Paterson, October 1-3, 2022. The Paterson Poetry Festival is a celebration of words, writers and poetry lovers. The Festival is a multi-day event, which includes Poetry in Motion Car Show with Classic Riderz Car Club, Paterson Poetry Festival Slam with cash prize, Open Mic, The Speak Series/ Homage Stage, Lit Fest, Entertainment creative space for young children, poetry contest for young people, masterclasses, award ceremonies, vendors and food.
13) Jersey City Theater Center presents “The Last Match: A Pro-Wrestling Rock Musical” – (JERSEY CITY, NJ) — Jersey City Theater Center will present two performances of The Last Match: A Pro-Wrestling Rock Musical Monday, September 26 at 2:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at White Eagle Hall in Jersey City. Much like the world of professional wrestling, The last game is packed with colorful and explosive entertainment blending theatre, rock and live wrestling.
14) A Crack In The Mountain Fall 2022 New Jersey Film Festival Video Q+A – Here is A crack in the mountain New Jersey Film Festival Fall 2022 Q&A with director Alaistair Evans and festival director Al Nigrin.
15) Kat Falcey talks about JerseyCana – Kat Falcey is one of those music stalwarts who often end up working in the music industry. His company, Tunes2Ya, helps artists with networking, promotion, PR, booking referrals, and more. She returns to AmericanaFest in Nashville for the first time since the pandemic hit and has three of her New Jersey performers (Arlan Feiles, Mike Montrey and Carmen Sclafani) booked for a show at The Basemenyou Tuesday, September 13 at 8:00 p.m.
Advertise with New Jersey Stage for $50-$100 per month, click here for more info
Event previews are still one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first post them, and then again when they’re brought back to the main area of the site the week the event takes place – sometimes even months later. Make sure your events are previewed by sending us press releases to [email protected] – for even more promotion check out our advertising rates which range from $50 to $100 for a full month of targeted advertising which includes events listed in our online calendar.