Friday August 6, 2021 4:00 a.m.
The Times photo by Betsy Reason. The Hamilton County Artists’ Association sponsors its annual Square Art Fair, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at Courthouse Square in downtown Noblesville, featuring 60 artists from across the region and entry is free. There will be art demonstrations, live music, magic, interactive exhibits and family entertainment.
As Jazz on the Square returns tonight to Hamilton County Courthouse Square and the Cool Creek summer concert series concludes tonight with the Flying Toasters, the Fishers Parks concert series presents the David Bowie experience tonight at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater in Fishers. The art fair in the square and a music festival on Logan Street in Noblesville can fill your Saturday with cultural arts activities, then plan to attend the Noblesville Cultural Arts Commission free community festival all day Sunday. at Federal Hill Commons.
But wait there is more. If you are looking for something to do this weekend, there is no shortage of events in and around Noblesville.
Mark your calendars for these big events with The Times’ 20 Things To Do This Weekend And Beyond List:
1. Noblesville Main Street presents Music and All That Jazz, starring Peter Luttrull (Jazz Principal at Westfield High School), from 7 to 9 pm today in Hamilton County Courthouse Square in downtown Noblesville.
2. Hamilton County Parks & Recreation’s latest show in the Summer Concert Series at Cool Creek Park, for $ 5 per person, 12 and under free, at 7 pm today, The Flying Toasters. Garden chairs, blankets and picnic available.
3. The Fishers Parks & Recreation Free Summer Concert Series includes concerts this holiday weekend: 8 pm Today, Heroes, The David Bowie Experience; August 13, The Soul Pocket Band, A Night of R&B and Dance Classics; August 20, Pink Droyd, Pink Floyd’s North American theatrical concert with laser light show; August 27, Uptown Funk, Homage to Bruno Mars; From September 3-4, Fishers Blues Fest, all at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater.
4. Enjoy Symphony on the Prairie’s summer concerts every weekend: tonight and Saturday night, The Temptations; August 13, The Nauti Yachtys ft. Josh Kaufman; August 14, Frankie Moreno; August 20-21, Southern Accents: The Music of Tom Petty; August 27-28, ABBAMANIA; September 3-4, Brass Transit: The Music of Chicago; September 10-11; Who’s Bad Music Presents: The Evolution of Pop, https://www.indianapolissymphony.org.
5. Nickel Plate Express train rides offer express dinner, unclogged express and more from Forest Park. Visit https://nickelplateexpress.com
6. The Noblesville Farmers Market offers entertainment Saturdays 8 am to noon at Federal Hill Commons in Noblesville. The market will continue until October 9. Entertainment: Cricket Creek Players on Saturday, Jumping for Joy on August 14 and September 18, Andy Schomburg on August 28 and September 4, Jim Faux on September 11, Blue River Wailers on September 25, Cass Henson on October 2, Reason and Rhyme October 9. Children’s Day at the market is August 14.
7. Fishers Farmers Market is 8 am to noon on Saturdays through September 25 at the Nickel Plate District Amphitheater in Fishers.
8. Carmel Farmers Market is 8 am to 11:30 am Saturday through September 25 at Carmel’s Carter Green. The Saxony Farmers Market is open from 9 a.m. to noon from Saturday to August 28 in the community of Saxony, Olio Road and 131st Street, Fishers.
9. The Hamilton County Artists’ Association sponsors its annual Square Art Fair from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday in Courthouse Square in downtown Noblesville, featuring 60 artists from all over the world. the area and entry is free. There will be art demonstrations, live music, magic, interactive exhibits and family entertainment.
10. Enjoy the Porch Fest as you stroll Logan Street, 10th to 14th Street in Noblesville, 3pm to 7pm Saturdays, with live music by a variety of musicians performing on porches, sponsored by Noblesville Main Street, Nickel Plate Arts, Noblesville Preservation Alliance and Jason Pearson real estate agent.
11. Bring your old car or your love of old cars to the Central Indiana Vintage Vehicles Saturday Night Cruise in Courthouse Square from 5 pm to 9 pm Saturday.
12. The Nefarious Noblesville Ghost Walk takes place on Saturdays from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. in downtown Noblesville, with reservation on unseenpress.com
13. The Noblesville Cultural Arts Commission and Hamilton County Community Orchestra will be hosting the first free Community Orchestra Festival 2 to 8 pm Sunday at Federal Hill Commons in Noblesville. Groups to play: Tipton Community Band, 2 p.m .; Community Music of Alexandria, 3 p.m. New Horizons Band, 4 p.m.; Greater Greenwood Community Band, 5 p.m.; Indianapolis Municipal Band, 6 p.m. and Hamilton County Community Band, 7 p.m. with concessions available from the Noblesville Lions Club.
14. The Westfield Farmers’ Market is held Thursdays from 5 pm to 8 pm, until September 30, on Mill Street near Park Street in downtown Westfield.
15. Food Truck Friday offers lunch from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the second and fourth Friday (August 13-27) through September 10, at Federal Hill, Federal Hill Commons Market Plaza on Logan Street, downtown. Noblesville.
16. David Heighway’s Signature Book of âThe Hidden History of Hamilton Countyâ is from noon to 2 pm August 14 at the Hamilton County Historical Society Lawn in Courthouse Square in downtown Noblesville at 7 p.m. on August 23 at the Fishers Library; and September 3 at Gal’s Guide Library.
17. Legacy Keepers Music’s annual free summer bluegrass music concert series, StringTime on the Square, takes place in downtown Noblesville from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the second and fourth Saturdays. Garden chairs and blankets and picnic guests. The series continues on August 14, Rock Bottom Boys of Madison County; August 28, Debbie Lanning and Medicinal Bluegrass; September 11, branded Bluegrass; and September 25, PrairieTown / rain date.
18. Noblesville Parks & Recreation presents concerts at The Commons Tour, 7-10pm select Saturdays at Federal Hill Commons: August 14, Trippin Billies (Dave Matthews Band Tribute), opener Sam King; August 28, 16 Candles (80s Tribute), opening of the Carmel School of Rock; September 11, The Eagles Project (Eagles Tribute), opening by Alan Kaye & The Toons; September 18, Aeromyth Band (Aerosmith Tribute), opening of The Cosmic Situation. Garden chairs, blankets and picnic for guests.
19. 2021 Fishers Parks & Recreation 2021 Free Wednesday Noon Summer Concert Series, noon to 1 pm, Central Green in downtown Fishers: August 18, Ruditoonz children’s entertainment; July 28, children’s entertainment M. Daniel; August 4, Old Coyote Band; August 11, Stevens Puppets children’s entertainment; August 25, Annie’s Jam children’s entertainment. Garden chairs, blankets and picnic welcome.
20. Test your archery skills at Koteewi Range, hike K-Trails Equestrian Adventure, and test your mettle at Koteewi Aerial Adventures at Strawtown Koteewi Park in Noblesville. Or walk, run or bike the trails in Strawtown Koteewi Park to White River Campground or 27 miles from Monon Trail or 5.7 miles from White River Greenway or 2.3 miles from Midland Trace Trail, or go fishing or boating at Koteewi Lake.
-In addition, the Indiana State Fair continues through August 22 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds in Indianapolis.
-Contact Betsy Reason at [email protected]
Submit a comment
* indicates a required field
Forgot password or username?
Our app is now available!